All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Application - Kaibosh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What is your Time Zone?:
Eastern Time

Main Character's Name (Alts are welcome, but lets get to know one another first):
Kaibosh, LVL 82 Elemental / Restoration Shammy has been my main for many years and is the toon I’m applying for, BUT I have been playing my alt Bitternest a DK tank lately.

What are your main character's specs, and which one is your preferred role?:

I love Elemental DPS for raid and PVP, but I usually heal for 5 mans thanks to instant-que for healers. I’ll fill whatever role is needed in the guild though.

What other guilds have you been in, experiences you've had, and what are you looking for in Horderlies?

Previous Guild Experience: Haven’t been in a guild since Wrath. I had a standing raid night for Naxx with that guild, but it broke up and I was happy to just PUG and PVP. I really enjoyed raiding though, but the server was on PST server time and raid times with the majority of guilds were too late for me to get back into raiding.

Experiences: I’ve been a WOW player since beta testing Vanilla. From the novels to the TCG and comics I am just a big fan of Blizzard and WOW in particular. I play Starcraft and Diablo but neither keep my attention like WOW. I enjoy the lore and the diversity of the gameplay. More importantly I love the friends I’ve made in-game over the years.

Why Horderlies: I met Rewt and Freck at the Orlando Warcraft Meet-up today and another Horderlies member. Fine people all of them and spoke highly of their experience in your guild. I am looking for a guild to run heroics with, random battlegrounds, help fellow guildies gear up and as you all get to know me and my play style, I’d like to raid if invited.

Are you applying for PVP, Raid or Social reasons? (PVP/Raid spots may be limited. If social, please indicate if you are also wanting to invite additional friends or family):

I am mostly looking for a social guild experience. As mentioned above I’d like to raid but I can scratch that itch via LFR or OpenRaid until a space opens up in Horerlies or indefinitely if a spot doesn’t open up.

RAIDING RELATED:
Mumble (an alternative to Ventrilo) is required to raid if a spot becomes available.
Will you install/use Mumble and Do you have a working Mic?:

Yes to both. Used vent for last guild. So Mumble will be fine.

Raid times are Friday nights, sometimes Thursday nights. When are you available?:

Friday nights would work. Thursday could as well.

Does your character have the proper Gear and Item Enhancements for the role you're looking to fill?

Kaibosh (shammy) doesn’t yet but will. I know what it takes and I like the justice and valor accumulating, heroic runs, etc. to get up speed. Currently Bitternest is geared, gemed and mostly enchanted.

OTHER:
Is there anything else you would like to share that we should take into consideration?

WOW is how I relax, I play a couple nights a week and some lunch breaks. I read wow blogs, listen to podcasts and read up on strats during my free-time. I’m generally up for lending anyone a hand when I’m on. I’m married and have a 3 and 1 year old, so … sometimes RL will interrupt WOW playing, but they are pretty good about letting Daddy have raid night to himself.

Is there anything you would like to ask us or have clarified?:

Nope

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Application - Kaibosh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:19 pm 
Guild Master
Guild Master

Hi Kaibosh,
Thanks for taking the time to fill out the application.

I'll give you the blanket canned response about raiding in that there's random spots opening up during summer due to vacations and such. Progression spots are limited and we're not openly recruiting for them yet.

Just a note, we are a mountain time server, so event times are all usually scheduled as mountain time. While it's not Pacific time as your last server, it's only 1 hour difference. Outside of that It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what to expect from horderlies though, so as long as you're OK with that, we're OK with it too.

Ping an officer for an invitation if you're ready :)

[9:46 am]Hend: and i'm going to ignore that remark from J
[9:46 am] Jundar: I will acknowledge your Ignorance
[9:47 am] Hend: damnit
-----------
[1:06 pm] kungfooehvis: damn i almost done shit my pants
[1:06 pm] Hend: hahaha i did!

Report this post