It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Application - Orakio
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 pm 
CC Breaker
CC Breaker

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What is your Time Zone?: Central

Main Character's Name (Alts are welcome, but lets get to know one another first): Orakio

What are your main character's specs, and which one is your preferred role?: DK - Blood and Frost. I'm more experienced with dps but very interested in tanking; I've tanked 5mans but not raids

What other guilds have you been in, experiences you've had, and what are you looking for in Horderlies?
I rerolled (then transferred two mains, including Orakio) to Deathwing this past summer to join <Zen>; found them on the guild recruitment forums, I liked their philosophy. I leveled up a hunter and then transferred my mains (when they had discounted transfers) to bring heirlooms, and eventually leveled a lot of alts - I have a 90, an 89, 8 toons above 80, and a rogue at 54ish. (I bought a second account for $5 and did recruit-a-friend with myself over the past 3 months.)
Anyway, most of the core guild members left in the month or two after Mists launch, no drama that I know of just various legitimate real-life reasons. After limited success in trying to build a raid team, the current GM merged into <Carry the Day>, but has had limited success there as well. I've also had to step back from raiding due to real life issues, but I'm interested in getting back into it if I can make the scheduling work out - later evenings during the week would be good, and possibly weekends.
What I'm looking for: I would really like to meet some good people to build some friendships with, as well as tackle some group content with. I think that the social aspect of this game is what makes the content most fun, and I haven't really found a "home" yet in my time in this game.

Are you applying for PVP, Raid or Social reasons? (PVP/Raid spots may be limited. If social, please indicate if you are also wanting to invite additional friends or family):
I'm interested in "social" membership, as well as raiding - if there's a spot open, I'm most familiar with melee dps but I'm willing to learn any role - and I think it would be great fun to figure out the great raiding content in this game with a good group of people. I'm also interested in PvP, if there's spots open, or if there's people who just want to group up to make battlegrounds a bit more fun. I have limited experience, and the Cross-Realm Zones have been driving me a bit nuts - I guess world pvp wasn't an issue before and I got used to that - but it's something I've always wanted to learn. With any aspect of the game, if I can get to the point of learning things well enough to help out people who are newer to a given aspect of the game, that interests me as well.

RAIDING RELATED:
Mumble (an alternative to Ventrilo) is required to raid if a spot becomes available.
Will you install/use Mumble and Do you have a working Mic?:
I do have Mumble and Vent installed, and I have the mic that's built in to my iMac (I've used it in mumble and people have told me it sounds okay. I'd consider getting a proper headset if I did have a spot in a raid team or PvP team.)

Raid times are Friday nights, sometimes Thursday nights. When are you available?:
I usually get home from work around 8pm central during the week, and weekends I'm flexible (barring family events here or there - my wife has a big family :)

Does your character have the proper Gear and Item Enhancements for the role you're looking to fill?
My dps gear ilvl is around 469 at the moment, tank set is slightly lower but I think still above 460. I haven't been raiding for several weeks so I haven't kept as current as I could be. I'm familiar with askmrrobot, elitistjerks, icy-veins and other sites, and I'm capable of doing research to be appropriately gemmed, enchanted and reforged. My profs, JC and Mining, are maxed. (I'm toying with the idea of dropping Mining for BS, but I'd want to level Mining on an alt first.) I'm revered with Klaxxi (and exalted with Tillers ;) but haven't gotten the other reps up yet.

OTHER:
Is there anything else you would like to share that we should take into consideration?
I am a fan of both podcasts, Training Dummies and Hearthcast, and while it would be cool to get to know you guys, what I'm mostly looking for (as I said above) is a chance to make some friends to play WoW with. I ended up on Deathwing before I really got into listening to podcasts, and before I discovered both shows, and it seemed to be an interesting and happy coincidence when I found out (from listening to the shows) that I was on the same server you guys were :)
And my main IS a DK, and I do understand your reluctance to recruit DK's, but I have raided with this same toon (in Wrath, ToC and ICC, I did get to kill the LK; and also early Mogu'shan Vaults, and some raid finder). I've had this character as my main for several years and I feel I'm fairly comfortable with at least the basics, and I know where to go to work on improving. I do also have a mage that I've had for several years, Tyresias, who is 89, and I do love mages and would be interested in gearing him up if I had time or there was a need for a mage. I also have a monk at 84 (as I said I have one of every class, not at max but not far from it) and would like to try healing eventually (probably on a priest or monk, maybe paladin...). But I'm cool with starting out with one toon until we all get to know each other - and it would probably be good for me to focus on one thing for a bit ;)

Is there anything you would like to ask us or have clarified?:
Not really - just looking forward to hearing a response either way :) Thanks for your time!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Application - Orakio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am 
CC Breaker
CC Breaker

Hi Orakio,

Currently there are no PvP groups set up. With that being said, I'm sure that we could work out some Arenas as well as some random BG's.

Unless I'm running a weekly LFR, I'll be PvPing so feel free to get a hold of me!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 am 
CC Breaker
CC Breaker

Awesome! I'm probably not to the point of a fornal group, but it would be fun to hang out and smash some faces - kick asses, take names, you know

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 am 
Guild Master
Guild Master

Hey Orako,
Thanks for taking the time to form a thought out application.

I can't guarantee a raid spot, especially not immediately, but if you're on during raid times and there's an available spot the chances are pretty high that you'd be able to join in.

For Raiding, anyway, we are looking for very consistent, reliable players that have the intention, hopefully of sticking around for the long haul while being able to play at a level that allows for progression. our MoP raid team has yet to solidify fully though, so positions may become open.

for PVP, well, Famos I am sure is excited :) but I do still encourage folks to ask around, especially in guild even when it seems futile, to see if anyone else may be interested in PVPing (we have a lot of vanilla players that just don't have as much desire to PVP as back in the day)

Socially, well, that's all more a matter of personality and opinion to see how things work out there for you. That being said, if you're still interested, welcome aboard. ping an officer in game for an invite :)

[9:46 am]Hend: and i'm going to ignore that remark from J
[9:46 am] Jundar: I will acknowledge your Ignorance
[9:47 am] Hend: damnit
-----------
[1:06 pm] kungfooehvis: damn i almost done shit my pants
[1:06 pm] Hend: hahaha i did!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am 
CC Breaker
CC Breaker

Sounds great, and thanks! I'll probably pop on tonight