Horderlies

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Application - Gimblix
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 am 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

What is your Time Zone?: Eastern

Main Character's Name (Alts are welcome, but lets get to know one another first): Gimblix, 90 Frost DK

What are your main character's specs, and which one is your preferred role?: Frost and Blood, I prefer dps with frost, I use blood to solo.

What other guilds have you been in, experiences you've had, and what are you looking for in Horderlies?

-Timeless Guardians on Gineas is the current guild, another guild I was part of is Luminosity. Both are very causal guilds. I am a Cataclysm baby, so relatively new to the game, but learning fast. I have two toons , my DK and a 90 Hunter. My expereince into raiding is with LFR. With the Horderlies I am looking for a guild to become family. A place to log in and you know everyone, a steady home. In the guilds I been in the roster is a revolving door.

Are you applying for PVP, Raid or Social reasons? (PVP/Raid spots may be limited. If social, please indicate if you are also wanting to invite additional friends or family):

-Applying for everything. Ok overall social invite with no additional friends to invite, but whatever is needed of me to help the guild. If a raider is needed or a spot in pvp is needed, I'll do whatever is needed to HELP.

RAIDING RELATED:
Mumble (an alternative to Ventrilo) is required to raid if a spot becomes available.
Will you install/use Mumble and Do you have a working Mic?: -Yes

Raid times are Friday nights, sometimes Thursday nights. When are you available?: -Everynight

Does your character have the proper Gear and Item Enhancements for the role you're looking to fill? -Work in progress

OTHER:
Is there anything else you would like to share that we should take into consideration?
-Just to reiterate I am looking for a home with a guild that does not have a revolving door with its roster. I dont play tons as my schedule wont allow it, but when I do play I help anyway possible.

Is there anything you would like to ask us or have clarified?: - No

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Application - Gimblix
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm 
Guild Master
Guild Master

Hi Gimblix,
Can I ask how you've come to apply to Horderlies? Do you have a character on Deathwing already or have you CRZ grouped before?
I'm always a little hesitant when it comes to someone from another server putting forth money to transfer. To some 25 dollars is nothing and to other's it can be a big deal, especially considering that we're not recruiting for a Deathknight. That being said, your app sounds like the kind of mentality we gravitate toward and attract.

PVP:
Currently, you'd have to talk with FamosAmos (ifrithawk) in regards to PVP, he's the go-to guy to get that started.

Raids:
If you had applied specifically or only for raiding, I'd probably have declined without first going on a test run. I see you're a little under-geared, and inexperienced for this tier at least based on your armory profile (unless your hunter is the more experienced character). Our raid definitely has a revolving door at the moment. We've yet to stabilize since MoP release.

Social:
We definitely have a solid group of folks in the guild built on a foundation of several friends, some of us have known each other upwards of 22+ years, others have been in the guild since it's beginnings in 2005. We've had a revolving door as well, but it is usually a much slower revolving door as people come into life changes and such.

I can't tell you how to spend your money, or if it will be well spent here, especially if you find the environment in contrast to what you're seeking.
All I can promise for now is a guild to log into and people to play with. Is that something you're willing to chance on a server transfer?

[9:46 am]Hend: and i'm going to ignore that remark from J
[9:46 am] Jundar: I will acknowledge your Ignorance
[9:47 am] Hend: damnit
-----------
[1:06 pm] kungfooehvis: damn i almost done shit my pants
[1:06 pm] Hend: hahaha i did!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

No I do not have any characters on Deathwing server. I've become familiar with the guild, server and players with the podcasts (Hearthcast,Training Dummies). Sorry about I should of specified this better in my original post.

Asking be part of your guild wasnt taken lightly, I am fully aware of the risk involved. For me its the change and getting to know new people, who seem to have the same view on how to play and enjoy this game. The guilds Ive been in are all revolving doors with more people coming and going , then people staying. Not to mention drama with endless immature situations that seem to arise daily.

All I can promise for now is a guild to log into and people to play with. Is that something you're willing to chance on a server transfer?
Your question to me is a solid YES, its exactly what I am looking for in a guild. My play time isnt high, not nearly as high as Id like and I am for the most part a quiet player. But I am also willing to help and do whatever is needed. I come with a no drama policy :wink: Its all about fun.

Thank you for your time

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 pm 
Guild Master
Guild Master

After discussion with the officers we're ready to see how things work out if you're still up to it.

ask for an officer in guild when you're over here. :)

[9:46 am]Hend: and i'm going to ignore that remark from J
[9:46 am] Jundar: I will acknowledge your Ignorance
[9:47 am] Hend: damnit
-----------
[1:06 pm] kungfooehvis: damn i almost done shit my pants
[1:06 pm] Hend: hahaha i did!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

Roughly a week ago I received an offer to play with a real life friend on the Aggrammar server. The thought of playing with someone that I know was very appealing to me. So without burning any bridges I emailed Hoofit to let him know my intentions, left the Horderlies and server transferred. It wasn't long that I regretted what I did. First going from PVP to a PVE server was just plain boring (evening though I suck ass at pvp lol), second the guild my friend was in was horrid. Very young , immature people, not to mention one of these 600+ revolving door type guilds. Just a bad experience, so bad I paid to transfer back to Deathwing and ask Hoofit to let me reapp. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the opportunity.

Report this post