Horderlies

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awekee
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:50 am 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What is your Time Zone?: MST (Calgary. Alberta)

Main Character's Name (Alts are welcome, but lets get to know one another first): Awekee, Aweke

What are your main character's specs, and which one is your preferred role?: Heal spec. (resto), offspec - Enhance.

What other guilds have you been in, experiences you've had, and what are you looking for in Horderlies? Imperial Scourge (mug-thol) - Guild leader, Raid Leader, Shaman Officer, Main Tank, Tank Officer. We were a hardcore guild back in the early days of wow. (raiding 5-6 nights Peak) Not sure if you remember but it was alot harder to prep for raids back then. so many many many many hours went into raiding and Being the best shaman/warrior I could be. Pretty much my guild experience... went imps fell apart for one of the expansions, I transferred servers to play with a guild for a bit, but they died out pretty quick as well for the expansion.

I am looking for a raiding environment. I may not have the best gear (477 ilvl) but I have experience in raiding at a high level throughout the expansions on both my warrior and my shaman(s) (have had a few of them over the years, just cant bring myself to play another class). I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I try to make my toon the best it can be to provide stable healing for the raid. I know what it is like to manage 40 people in a raid... it is not easy... I come over prepared, educated on the fights, and on time. And I don't like failing...

Are you applying for PVP, Raid or Social reasons? (PVP/Raid spots may be limited. If social, please indicate if you are also wanting to invite additional friends or family): Pve. No pvp on my end.

RAIDING RELATED:
Mumble (an alternative to Ventrilo) is required to raid if a spot becomes available. I have Vent... can get mumble if needed.
Will you install/use Mumble and Do you have a working Mic?:

Raid times are Friday nights, sometimes Thursday nights. When are you available?:
I am an engineering student that has more time on his hands then he knows what to do with.
Does your character have the proper Gear and Item Enhancements for the role you're looking to fill?
I have ilvl 477 gear after a week of being back and playing.
OTHER:
Is there anything else you would like to share that we should take into consideration?
I may have issues logging into a forum... but I dont have any issues sending out epic healz;;p
Is there anything you would like to ask us or have clarified?: 420 Friendly?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Awekee
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 am 
Guild Master
Guild Master

Hi Awekee,
My Apologies for the delay in response.
There are a couple of things about your application that urge me to extend an invitation with caution.

When I initially posted the recruitment for a permanent spot, there were only 2 positions that needed filling. It looks as though the Summer lull has landed a bit early and now we're in need of half a raid. You are applying for a raid position and currently I am not sure I can guarantee steady raiding over the summer while folks are spending time with their families and out doing Summer-y things.

You mention you do not like failure, but I can promise with near absolute certainty that when raiding season starts back up again you will be experiencing a bit of a struggle with people you may be raiding along side of as they're warming back up to the routine.

So, to sum up, raiding looks a little grim for the guild as a whole for the near future. This is not abnormal for our guild to slow down during the summer months, and has been the trend since 2005. We do progress, though it is often a slower burn than most find comfortable, At one night a week which is all most can afford.

If you still think this is the right place for you, consider the invitation extended and ping me or an officer for an guild invite.

[9:46 am]Hend: and i'm going to ignore that remark from J
[9:46 am] Jundar: I will acknowledge your Ignorance
[9:47 am] Hend: damnit
-----------
[1:06 pm] kungfooehvis: damn i almost done shit my pants
[1:06 pm] Hend: hahaha i did!

Report this post