It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gondul - Holy Priest Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 am 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

What is your Time Zone?: MST

Main Character's Name (Alts are welcome, but lets get to know one another first): Göndul - Tauren Priest

What are your main character's specs, and which one is your preferred role?:

Gondul is currently specced as Holy/Shadow. I would prefer to heal as holy as it is the spec I most enjoy. I do not have much experience with disc. From what I have read it appears to be simple enough to play, I just really like the way Holy plays and I feel it is competitive enough to raid with.

I raided in Shadow spec though all of WotLK but there have been so many changes since then that I am severly out of practice. If time and drops allow, I will start to put together a set of Shadow gear in the event of an emergency.

What other guilds have you been in, experiences you've had, and what are you looking for in Horderlies?

I have been playing since late vanilla but I didn't have a max level character until early Burning Crusade. In the Burning Crusade I was unguilded for a majority of the time. I worked an odd schedule that didn't lend itself to raiding. I spend 95% of my time doing battlegrounds and some arenas. Sadly, I was pretty poor at both of them but it was all I really had time for. To this day im not great at PvP but I do enjoy battlegrounds as a way to mix up my play time.

At the end of BC I joined my wifes raiding guild "Relapse" on Dunemaul - US. I didn't start raiding with them until Naxx in WotLk though. Just as we were getting into Ulduar, it was becomming apparent that Relapse wasn't going to be a stable 25 man raid team. The wife and I moved to the Frostmane server where we joined "Paragon" (It wasn't a copycat guild, the Paragon on Frostmane was a group of friends, that existed before WoW launched, that played Final Fantasy XI.) With Paragon I raided the rest of WotLK before we could get a 25man Lich King kill I had to stop raiding due to their late night raids. I was only getting 3 hours of sleep a night and it wasn't working for me.

During Cata, I joined some friends from Paragon in a guild called "Detached" on Firetree. It was just some friends that wanted to play casually, level characters, collect pets/mounts and do some random achievments. After the first couple of months I was the only one in the guild logging on for months at a time. This got extremely boring. During the Dragon Soul patch my Wife joined "Matador" on Madoran. I followed her to that guild. My wife does Heroic progression raiding with them. That type of pressure in a raid environment doesn't appeal to me.

I have been doing all of the LFRs since Dragon Soul and I'm ready to step back into a regular raid team.

I want to be able to log in and play the game with friendly, laid-back people. I want a group of friends that enjoys each others company and is willing to work together to see content. Be it LFR, Flex or normals, it doesn't matter to me. Ultimately I play this game to relax, unwind and have fun. That's what I'm looking for.

Are you applying for PVP, Raid or Social reasons? (PVP/Raid spots may be limited. If social, please indicate if you are also wanting to invite additional friends or family):

I am applying to heal in the raid team.

RAIDING RELATED:
Mumble (an alternative to Ventrilo) is required to raid if a spot becomes available.
Will you install/use Mumble and Do you have a working Mic?:

After a bit of difficulty last night, I have installed Mumble and verified that my mic works properly. My headset mic also allows for various voice outputs. I can sound like a chipmunk, robot and alien.

Raid times are Friday nights, sometimes Thursday nights. When are you available?:

I am available Monday-Thursday from 7:30pm-11pm MST and Friday-Sunday all day. I would prefer to have Saturdays off for wife/UFC time but sometimes we just end up playing WoW together!.

Does your character have the proper Gear and Item Enhancements for the role you're looking to fill?

Yes, Currently Gondul is gemmed, enchanted and reforged for 25 man LFR raiding. Before entering 10 man, I would need to switch some things around. This is not a problem though. Gondul is a JC/Enchanter.

OTHER:
Is there anything else you would like to share that we should take into consideration?

I am a very friendly person that can get along with everyone and anyone. I'm Canadian (Don't hold that against me). From the time I spend on mumble last night with some of the guild members I feel that I will fit in well here. This raid schedule and guild atmosphere is exactly what I'm looking for. I just want to thank you for the consideration.

Is there anything you would like to ask us or have clarified?:

After a conversation with Hend last night I believe that all of the questions, I could think of, were answered.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Gondul - Holy Priest Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am 
Legendary Black Beast
Legendary Black Beast

Gondul,

After talking with you last night I think you'd be a good fit for our guild and our raid team.

Look for myself, Hotpox, or Hoofit for an invite.

Welcome aboard!

(10:00:59) TheJundar: first seal blown 3 years after i bought it
(10:01:03) TheJundar: not too shabby
(10:01:25) CavanUndead: ew you blow seals?>
(10:01:27) Overlord Hend: SEAL FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(10:01:32) TheJundar: DAMN IT
(10:01:50) TheJundar: i forgot what kind of company i was in

11:55 am - Jundar: You sure we arent distantly related, hend?
11:56 am - Hend: well, my great great great great grandfather had a retarded brother they thought they drowned in the river.. maybe he lived

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Gondul - Holy Priest Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 pm 
Stands In Fire
Stands In Fire

Excellent! I'll probably transfer tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day

Report this post